Monday, December 19, 2011

Thanksgiving

This year we spent Thanksgiving down at The Square D Ranch with my Dad and Terry. There were a ton of people there and so many distant family members have not yet met Mr. Colby.

See I told you there were a lot of people!

 Of course everyone go-go-ga-gaed over how cute he is (I mean how could you not right?)
Really...look at this face...

See...
Adorableness!

He had a blast running around and playing monkey in the middle football with Uncle Nic


Uncle Nic sure loves C.
And I love that he loves C so much.
It's very sweet.
Gosh, I just love these two!!

C took a nap in the closet without any problems.
The closet was the quietest place we could find.
And it seemed to do the trick.
He didn't make a peep.
While he napped, Jared and I got to eat our huge Thanksgiving feast.
We did dessert Cheryl style.
We had 3.
I love desserts, and could resist myself so we split 'em.

My dad said a nice little prayer before our meal.
It was quite the tear jerker for him as well as I.
He wanted everyone to remember those who were not with us.
It made me think of Jennifer and Grandma.
I know they both would have been there with us if they could.
Both adding there spunk to Thanksgiving Day.

The holidays seem to be the toughest for those we have lost.
But we just have to remember they are smiling down on us and can't wait for us to join them so we can all be together.

John 6:39-40
And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.

So, here Jared and I are.
Full of Thanksgiving as we have so much to be thankful for.

Thank you all for being such amazing family and friends to us.
We love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment